Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on the Figma Organization Plan
Only a Team Admin or the Team Owner can claim ownership of a project.
If there is no longer an owner of a project, the Team Owner or a Team Admin can join the project as the owner.
This applies to:
- Projects shared with the entire Team without an Owner
- Private projects without an Owner
- View-only projects without an Owner
Claim ownership of a Project
Note: If the Team also has no Owner, an Organization Admin can claim ownership of the Team. This allows them to manage aspects of the Team, including the ownership of abandoned Projects.
- Click on the team name in the file browser.
- Select the project from the grid or list.
- Click the Join as Owner button.
Once you have joined the project, you can: