Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on Organization and Enterprise plans.
Only the owner or a team admin can claim ownership of a project.
If there is no longer an owner of a project, the Team Owner or a Team Admin can join the project as the owner.
This applies to:
- Projects shared with the entire Team without an Owner
- Private projects without an Owner
- View-only projects without an Owner
Claim ownership of a Project
Note: If the Team also has no owner, an organization admin or workspace admin can claim ownership of the Team. This allows them to manage aspects of the Team, including the ownership of abandoned Projects.
- Click on the team name in the file browser.
- Select the project from the grid or list.
- Click the Join as Owner button.
Once you have joined the project, you can: