Pendo Guidance in-app messaging campaigns allow you to tailor messaging to specific segments of users to ensure they’re using the features most beneficial to them.
They are also a great tool to capture user feedback on new features and proposed enhancements.
Embed a live view of a public Figma file in any Pendo Guide to:
- Get input early in the development process to ensure you're solving the right customer concern.
- Get feedback on prototypes from your power users, segmented by feature usage.
- Get higher response rates and more precise feedback when customers are active in your app.
- Reduce churn by keeping your customers in the loop on the latest feature enhancements being planned.
Note: The Figma integration is currently only available for use with Pendo Guidance.
Embed a Figma file in a Pendo Guide
When using embeds in Pendo Guides, Pendo recommends using public files so any visitor can interact with them.
- Open the file you want to embed in a Pendo Guide.
- To link to a specific frame in the Figma file, select the frame you'd like to embed.
- Click the Share button in the toolbar.
- Check the box to Link to selected frame (Optional)
- Update your Link Sharing permissions to determine who can interact with the embed (Optional).
- Click Get Embed Code.
- Click Copy to add the public embed code to your clipboard.
Add Figma to an existing Guide or create a new Guide. You can only add one Figma embed to each Guide.
- Go to the Guides section in Pendo.
- Click the + Create Guide button in the top-right corner.
- As an example, select the How Can We Improve? Open Text Poll template.
- Pendo will ask you to give your Guide a name. Click the Manage in my app button.
- Enter the URL for your app in the field provided and click Launch Designer.
- Click the blue + plus icon above the text box to add Building Blocks to the Guide.
- In the Advanced section, select Code Block.
- Paste your Figma embed code in the HTML tab. You may need to adjust the width and height in the code to fit your Guide. Click Done to apply.
- Add any other [Building Blocks](Building Blocks) to the Guide (optional). Use the Activation functionality to choose where your guide is displayed.
- When you’re finished editing the Guide click Save in the menu bar. Click Exit to return to Pendo.
Publish the Guide
Now you can publish the Guide to a segment of your users. You can choose an existing segment, or create a new one.
- In the Segment section, click Edit to choose a Pendo segment.
- Select an existing segment, or create a new one to view the Guide.
- Update the status of the Guide from Draft to Public. This will publish the Guide.
- Pendo will now present the Figma prototype to your target segment. Users can enter their message in the field provided and click Submit Feedback to send.
Remove a Figma embed
To remove an embedded Figma file from your Pendo Guide:
- Edit the Guide and remove the code block for the Figma embed.
- Delete the entire Guide.