Anyone can register for a Figma account using an email address and unique password, logging in with your Google account, or SAML SSO if you're a member of an organization.
Your account allows you access to everything in Figma, including your team or projects, files, and the Figma Community.
View and manage account-level settings, your Community settings, and plugins from your account settings.
- Open Figma in the file browser.
- Select your avatar in the top-right corner to open the account menu.
- Select Settings to open the settings modal.
- Select Account ↓, Community ↓, or Plugins ↓ to explore related settings.
Manage any settings associated with your account:
- Manage account address and password
- Manage account name or avatar
- Enable or disable two-factor authentication (2FA)
- Adjust your email notification settings
- Choose which libraries you want to enable for files in your drafts
- Manage access tokens to the Figma Rest API
- Connect or revoke access to any third-party applications
Note: If you're a member of any organizations, you'll also see the organization name and your role and account type in that organization. You can request an upgrade next to your role. Learn how to request upgrades →
View and manage your Community profile and any Community related settings:
- Register a handle to create a Community profile
- Add and remove profile connections
- Manage the primary email for your Community profile
- Manage Community notifications
- Delete your Community profile
When you install a plugin, Figma makes that plugin available across your account.
Visit the Plugins settings to view and manage your plugins, including any plugins you've published or are developing. Figma groups plugins by Installed, In development, and Published.