Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan.
Anyone with can view access can view files and prototypes.
Anyone with can edit access can mirror frames from their desktop.
The Figma mobile app lets you access your files and test prototypes from anywhere. You can also share files, browse multiple workspaces, and mirror frames from your desktop to your mobile device.
Use the Figma mobile app to:
- Search, browse, and view files and prototypes
- Present and test prototypes without being tethered to your desktop
- Comment on files and prototypes
- Mirror selected frames from your desktop to a mobile device
- Edit FigJam files
- Navigate teams and projects
- Mark files and projects as favorites for fast access
Note: It's not possible to edit Figma design files using the mobile app.
Download the mobile app
Caution: We no longer support version 2.8 of the Figma app, known as Figma Mirror. To access all the functionality we cover in this guide, update to the latest version of the Figma app.
Supported operating systems
The Figma mobile app isn't supported on beta versions of the iOS or Android operating system. Make sure your device is on the latest stable version.
- Figma for iOS: Supported on Apple iPhone and iPad running iOS 15, or newer.
- Figma for Android: Android phones and tablets running Android 8, or newer.
Log in to Figma
Log in to your Figma account using any of these methods:
Having trouble logging in on your iPad? Make sure you enable cookies for Safari. Go to Settings > Safari > Privacy & Security and disable Block all cookies. If that doesn't work, try logging in to your account in the Safari browser first, then open the Figma app.
Browse and search files
When you open the Figma mobile app, you'll see your recent Prototypes and Files organized in their own section.
There are a couple ways to find a file or prototype:
- Browse the Recents tab to view files and prototypes you most recently opened
- Click See all for a section to browse all your files or prototypes
- Use the Search tab to find a specific file for prototype by name
Tap on a file or prototype to open and view it.
View a file
With a file open:
- Hold and drag your finger across your screen to pan around the file's canvas
- Pinch the screen with two fingers to zoom in and out of the canvas
- Long-press a location on the canvas to add a comment
You can also:
- Press to close the file
- Press to navigate between pages in a file
- Press to present a prototype
- Press to show and hide comments
- Press to copy the file link and view sharing options
Edit FigJam files
You're able to view and edit FigJam files using the Figma app on an iPad running iOS 15, or newer.
View a prototype
View a prototype to test interactions or to view static designs on a real device. If a prototype has no interactions, tap on the screen to navigate to the next frame.
Prototypes have a hidden menu bar. To access it, press and hold the screen with two fingers. The menu contains options to:
- Switch between flow starting points
- Restart the prototype from the flow's starting frame
- View the file for the prototype
- Turn comments on and off
- Toggle hotspot hints
- Share the prototype link
- Exit the prototype and return to the Recent tab
Comment on files and prototypes
- Long-press any area of the canvas or prototype to add a comment.
- Tap next to a comment to share it, mark it as unread, or add a reaction to it. You can also delete and edit comments you made.
- Tap to resolve a comment you added.
- Tap in the bottom navigation bar to turn comments on and off. In a prototype, press and hold with two fingers, then select Turn comments off.
Tip! Long-press on the text in a comment to add a reaction.
Use the Mirror tab of the mobile app to view frames that are selected in the file on your desktop.
- View real-time edits to a frame on a mobile device
- Preview how assets in your design look scaled to a device screen
Switch to a different organization
The Figma mobile app only displays files from one organization at a time. If your account is part of a Figma Organization and you can't find your files, it's possible they're in a different organization or account. Tap your organization's logo in the top-right corner to switch to another organization.
Note: It's not currently possible to switch between Figma accounts in the mobile app. You'll need to log out and sign in again using another account.
Visit the Figma Forum to ask questions, share feedback, and connect with the Figma community!