Who can use this feature
Available on any team or plan
You need a Figma account to duplicate Community files
Community files are FigJam or Figma design files that creators have shared with the Community. Files can contain libraries and UI, tools and processes, or other educational resources.
Note: Licensing terms for Community files vary depending on if the file is free or paid. Learn more about Figma Community copyright and licensing →
Every file has a resource page where you can view file information and preview the file or prototype. Interact with these previews like you would any regular embed.
Duplicate a file to add a copy of it to your drafts folder. This duplicate is an entirely new file, so you won’t be able to access any version history, comments, or permissions from the original file.
Changes made to the original file are not reflected in duplicated files. You must duplicate the updated file to view any changes.
You can't duplicate Community files when browsing Community as a team or organization admin. Make sure you're browsing on your own profile before trying to duplicate a file.
- Click Open in Figma, Open in FigJam, or Buy (paid files).
For paid Figma Design files, you can click Get free preview to trial the content before purchasing. Learn more about purchasing resources →
- Select the account where you want to add the file.
- A copy of the file is added to your drafts. Every file you duplicate from the Community will have (Community) appended to the file name.
- To remove the file, delete it from your drafts.
Remix Community files
Figma encourages sharing and iterating on Community files. If you've duplicated a Community file and made it your own, you can also publish this file to the Community. Figma considers these files a remix. When you publish a remix, Figma will:
- Add an attribution to the file page to show the original file and creators
- Add this file to the Remixes section of the original file page
- Create a remix page when there are more than three remixes of a file
If there are more than three remixes of a file, select See all to view all remixes on a dedicated page.