Files provide the canvas where you can arrange your layers and objects to create designs.
Create a File in Drafts
Every Figma user will have their own Drafts. You can think of your Drafts like a sketchbook or notebook. It's a place where you can explore early ideas and experiment with different concepts that might not be ready to move into your team.
There are no limits to the number of files you can have in the Drafts space. To organize your files, move them into a project. Projects are only available in teams.
There are a few ways to create a new file in your Drafts:
- Click the button next to Drafts in the sidebar to create a new File in your Drafts
- Click the New File button in the File Browser
- Go to the link: figma.com/new
Figma encourages an open and collaborative design environment. It's never too early to share your ideas and collaborate with others.
- Invite collaborators to your Personal Files
- Move files from your Drafts into teams and projects
Create a file in a team
If you are an Editor on a Team, you will be able to create Files that are shared with your Team.
- Open the Team Page in the File Browser
- Select the project you'd like to add the file to
- Click the New File button in the top-right corner of the toolbar.
Tip! Create custom thumbnails to easily identify and organize files in your File Browser.