If someone has invited you to a File, you can create a Figma account to start collaborating.
Note: If you joining a Figma Organization, you can also sign up via SAML SSO. Learn the different methods for logging in to Figma →
Sign up via Email Address
You can sign up for Figma using your email address and a unique password.
- Head to Figma.com and click Sign up in the top right corner.
- Enter your Email address in the field provided.
- Enter a unique Password in the field underneath.
- Click the Sign up button to complete the process. You will be logged into your new Figma account immediately.
- Figma will send you an email to verify your account. Open the email, and click the verification button to complete the process and log into your new Figma account.
Sign up via Google SSO
If you have a Google account, you can sign up for a Figma account using Google's Single Sign-On (SSO) process.
- Head to Figma.com and click Sign up in the top right corner. Or, follow this link directly: https://www.figma.com/signup
- Select Sign up with Google at the top of the window.
- If you're already logged in to Google, you'll be prompted to confirm your details.
- Otherwise, enter your Google Email or Phone in the field provided and click Next.
- You will then be able to Enter your password.
- Click Next to complete the process. A Figma account will then be created under your name and email address.
Note: When Google SSO is enabled, you won't be able to change your email and password in Figma. To use another address, you will need to disconnect Google from your account. Learn more in our Managing your account article.
Once you sign up for a free Figma account, you will be taken to the File Browser. From here, you can work in your Drafts folder. This allows you to view and create as many personal files as you like.
If you'd like to step it up a notch and collaborate with other designers on projects, then you can create Teams in Figma.
- Figma is free to use for teams of up to 2 Editors - we call this a Starter team.
- For teams of 3+ editors, you'll need to sign up for a paid Professional plan.
- For enterprises or established companies made up of multiple teams, we have the Organizations plan.
Learn more about Figma's plans and pricing in our Team plans in Figma article.