Prototypes replicate how users might interact with your designs. Once you have created a prototype, you can view it on both desktop and mobile devices.
It's only possible to preview frames with prototyping connections. If you don't have any connections set up yet, check out our Build prototypes with interactions and animations article.
Want to view a Prototype without seeing the address bar of your browser? We recommend using the Figma mirror app.
View a Prototype on a Mobile Browser
The only thing you'll need to open a Prototype link on a mobile device is a reliable internet connection.
Note: Using the back and forwards action on the browser, or the arrows you're used to seeing in Presentation View, aren't supported on mobile devices.
- Copy a Prototyping link from the browser in Presentation Mode, or from the share modal. Learn more in our Share your Prototypes article.
- Click on the Prototype link, or paste the URL in your mobile browser.
- Figma will recognize what device you are using and scale the Prototype to your display.
- Interact with the Prototype using any Hotspots.
There isn't currently a way to remove the browser UI in the mobile browser. Check out the Figma mirror app instructions below for a more immersive experience.
Want to use your mobile device as a remote? Control Prototypes in Presentation view using Observation mode.
- Log in to Figma on Desktop.
- Log in on Mobile (not supported via Figma Mirror).
- On Desktop, click on your mobile avatar to observe your actions.
- Use your mobile to navigate between Frames.
View a Prototype using Figma Mirror
Preview static designs and Prototyping interactions in the Figma mirror app. This allows you to create a more realistic and immersive environment, without the browser header and footer.
Note: Some Prototyping interactions won't be supported in the Figma Mirror app. This includes any overflow behaviors.
- Log in to the Figma Desktop or Figma Web app on a desktop device.
- Open the File you want to Preview and select the starting Frame of the Prototype.
- Log in to the Figma Mirror app on your mobile device, using the same login details.
- Figma will then load the same Frame in the Figma Mirror app.
- You can then interact with any Frames in that file with Prototyping connections.
Tip! You can also use Figma Mirror in the browser. Visit figma.com/mirror instead of opening the Figma Mirror app on your mobile device.