Before you start
Who can use this feature
Anyone on any team or plan can view prototypes on mobile devices.
Anyone with at least can view access to a file can preview prototypes on mobile. Anyone with can view prototype only access can view prototypes.
Prototypes replicate how users might interact with your designs. Once you have created a prototype, you can view it on both desktop and mobile devices.
It's only possible to preview frames with prototyping connections. If you don't have any connections set up yet, check out our Build prototypes with interactions and animations article.
There is no way to hide the address bar of your mobile browser for prototypes. To view prototypes on mobile, without seeing the address bar, we recommend using the Figma mirror app.
The only thing you'll need to open a prototype link on a mobile device is a reliable internet connection.
You can only interact with prototypes on mobile devices using hotspots. Using the browser back action isn't supported on mobile devices.
- Copy the prototype link from the browser in Presentation View, or from the share modal.
- Click on the link to open the prototype, or paste the URL in your mobile browser.
- Figma will recognize what device you are using and scale the prototype to your display.
- Interact with the prototype using any hotspots.
There isn't currently a way to remove the browser UI in the mobile browser. Check out the Figma mirror app instructions below for a more immersive experience.
Want to use your mobile device as a remote? Control Prototypes in Presentation view using Observation mode.
- Log in to Figma on a desktop computer.
- Log in on your mobile device (not supported via Figma Mirror).
- On your desktop, click on your mobile avatar to observe your actions.
- Use your device to navigate between frames.
Preview static designs and interactions in the Figma mirror app. This allows you to create a more realistic and immersive environment, without the browser header and footer.
Note: Some prototyping interactions aren't supported in the Figma Mirror app. One example is overflow behaviors.
- Log in to the Figma Desktop or Figma web app on a desktop device.
- Open the file you want to preview and select the starting frame of the prototype.
- Log in to the Figma Mirror app on your mobile device, using the same login details.
- Figma will then load the same frame in the Figma Mirror app.
- You can then interact with any frames in that file with Prototyping connections.
Tip! You can also use Figma Mirror in the browser. Visit figma.com/mirror instead of opening the Figma Mirror app on your mobile device.