Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on Figma Organization Plan
Any member of an Organization can create Teams
In a Figma Organization, you can create as many Teams as you need.
Members of your Organization can belong to any number of Teams.
I want to:
In an Organization, you have greater control over Team, File and Project structure.
You can control how other members of the Organization can find and access Teams with Org Access.
Every Team can have its own Projects, Files, Fonts and Shared Libraries.
You also have the option to share Fonts and Libraries across the entire Organization.
You can choose to map your Teams to your company's hierarchy. Or, create cross-functional Teams for company-wide efforts.
Teams provided one layer of File structure within Figma. There are five (5) layers of structure available:
This is something to bear in mind when structuring your Teams and Projects.
Check out our Getting Started with Teams in Figma Organization best practice guide for more tips!
Create a New Team
Any member of an Organization can create a Team.
- Click on the Organization Name in the File Browser.
- We will open up the Organization Page.
- Click the New Team button in the top-right corner.
- Give the Team a Name.
- Choose the Org Access level.
- Click Create Team.
- We will create a new Team for you and take you to the Team Page. You can then add Add a Team Description.
Tip! You can also create a new Team from the Admin Console.
- Open the Teams tab in the Admin Console.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of Teams.
- Click Create a New Team.