Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users in Professional or Figma Organization plans
Owners or Admins can adjust a file's permissions.
You can create files within projects in a team. Or, work on files in your Drafts.
Generally, any files created within a team will be accessible to all team members. Team members will be able to interact with any files based on their team permissions.
If you are in a team, you can also adjust a collaborator's permissions on each File.
Outside of a team, you can adjust a collaborator's access to a file in your Drafts.
Note: When you upgrade someone to an Editor on a file, this won't update their team permissions. Figma will also bill you for any new Editors you add to files, on your next invoice.
Adjust file permissions
Adjust anyone's permissions on a file via the share modal.
- You can access the share modal from a few places:
- Project Page: Right-click on the file in the File Browser and select Share.
- The Editor: Click the Share button in the toolbar.
- Click the arrow next to the member's current access.
- Select can view to make them a Viewer
- Select can edit to make them an Editor
- Select owner to transfer ownership of the file to the collaborator
- Click the ✕ to close the share modal and return to the file.
Tip! In Education, Professional and Organization teams, you can restrict who can copy and share files.