Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on the Organization plan.
Only organization admins can remove members and guests from the organization.
Remove members to immediately revoke their access from the organization. This prevents them from accessing any teams, files, projects, or libraries in the organization.
What to expect
When you're part of an organization, members and guests access the organization through a dedication organization workspace. They also have an external teams space, which includes any teams and drafts outside of the organization. Learn more about workspaces →
Anything within the organization space is the organization's intellectual property, this includes a member or guest's drafts.
When you remove a member from the organization, Figma moves their drafts in the organization workspace to the Shared projects folder.
This locks files and projects for any collaborators with access to them. Admins will need to assign new owners to those resources before collaborators can continue to edit them. View and manage shared projects ↓
Guests can still access their Figma account outside the organization workspace. This includes any other teams or organizations they're part of.
What happens to teams and drafts in a member's External teams workspace will depend on your organization's domain capture and SAML SSO settings.
- Domain capture on: Members will no longer have access to the Figma account under their company email. They will lose access to their drafts and any teams, files, and projects in their External teams workspace.
- Domain capture off: Figma detaches the user's email address from the organization. This allows them to keep the account registered under their company email. They can still access any drafts, teams, and projects in their external teams workspace.
Transfer teams, files and projects
Transfer ownership of the member's teams, files and projects, before you remove them. If you don't, Figma will transfer ownership to a team admin or an editor on a file or project.
Remove members from Figma
Organization admins can remove the member from the organization's Admin settings.
- In the sidebar, navigate to Admin settings > Members.
- Use the search field to find the member or guest.
- Click and select Remove.
- Check the box next to I understand that this action isn't reversible and click Remove member.
Remove via SAML SSO or Google SSO
If your organization members are configured via SAML SSO, you will also need to remove the user from your identity provider.
This isn't something that we can help you with directly, but we've rounded up some documentation from our supported providers below.
- Azure: Add or Delete Users in Azure Active Directory (third-party documentation)
- OneLogin: Suspending or Deleting Users in OneLogin (third-party documentation)
- Okta: Deactivate and delete users accounts (third-party documentation)
- GSuite: Delete a user from your organization (third-party documentation)
Note: If you remove or de-provision a user via your identity provider, this may prevent them from accessing their external teams workspace.
View and manage shared projects
You'll need to move the folder to a team before you can access the files within it. Once you have access to the project, you can assign ownership to another team or member.
- Open Figma in the file browser and select Shared projects in the sidebar.
- Find the member's drafts you want to manage. It will look something like
Name's (email@example.com) Deleted Drafts
- You'll need to move the folder to a team before you can access the files within it. Click on the folder name and select Add to favorites from the options.
- Figma will add the project to the sidebar. Click and hold on the folder in the file browser and drag it to a new team.