Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on the Starter, Education and Professional Figma plans can upgrade to a Figma Organization.
Only Admins or Owners of Education or Professional teams can upgrade a team. Any Editor on a Starter team can upgrade the team.
Figma only supports credit card payments at this time. (Paypal, ACH, or wire transfers are not supported).
Want to add Domain Capture, customize your setup, or pay for your Organization via a different method? Reach out to the Figma sales team via the Contact Sales button on the Figma Organization page.
Upgrade your Starter, Education, or Professional team to a Figma Organization. Figma Organization has everything you need to scale your design with confidence.
You''ll have access to all the Figma features you know and love, as well as additional features and access controls.
- Unlimited open, closed, or secret teams
- Share fonts within a team, or across the entire Organization
- Share style and component libraries within the Organization
- Track component usage with Design System Analytics
- Build and share private plugins, or enable our plugin approve list.
- Organization-level management controls
- Enhanced privacy and security with SAML SSO, organization-specific permissions, activity logs, and advanced link sharing settings.
For more information around what features are included in Figma Organization, visit the Pricing page on the Figma website.
Domain Capture controls how Figma treats other accounts with emails that match your company domain(s).
If you are already part of an organization with Domain Capture, it's not possible to upgrade another team on the same account. You can upgrade a separate team, if it's registered under another Figma account and email address.
When you upgrade to a Figma Organization within Figma, your organization will not include domain capture.
Learn more in our Domain Capture in a Figma Organization article.
Upgrade to Figma Organization
What you need
✅ A Figma account registered under a verified company email
✅ To be the Owner or Admin of any teams you want to upgrade
✅ A valid credit card
- In the File Browser, click on the team you'd like to upgrade.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Click the Upgrade Plan button.
- Select Choose Organization from the options.
Select teams to upgrade
First, you'll need to tell us which teams you want to include in your Organization.
On the left, Figma will show you a list of teams that you are currently an Owner or Admin of.
- View the team name and icon.
- View the total number of current Editors for each team.
- Click on a team to view the Editors and Viewers included.
- Check the box to include the team in the migration.
Missing a team? We recommend exiting the upgrade process and checking that you are an Admin of that team. You will be able to create new teams or upgrade other teams once you have set up the Organization.
On the right, Figma will show you a list of team members that will be included in the new Organization. You can access this list throughout the checkout process.
- View a list of Editors (Paid) and Viewers (Free).
- People with emails that doesn't match the company's domain have a Guest badge.
- Hover over a member to see teams of which they're a member.
- Use the button to add extra Editor seats to your organization. This is handy if you plan on upgrading existing members, or want to add Editors outside of these teams.
- View the domain Figma will register for your organization. Figma bases this on the domain of your current email address.
- View the total number of Editors that Figma will include in your organization's annual subscription. You can add new Editors to your organization throughout your billing cycle. Figma accounts for new Editors via a quarterly true-up process.
- View the expected Subtotal of your organization's annual subscription.
- Click Next: Organization details to proceed.
Enter Organization details
Confirm some basic information about your new organization.
- Enter or update Your Full Name. Figma will make you an Organization Admin as part of the migration process.
- Confirm or update your email address. This must be a company email. For example: an address not registered to a gmail.com or hotmail.com domain.
- Enter the Legal company name. Figma will use this in your
- Choose a Company display name, if this is different than your trading name. This is the name Figma will use in the product.
- Click the Next: Payment button to proceed.
Enter credit card details
We only support payment via credit card through the upgrade process. Payments via Paypal, ACH, or wire transfers are not supported.
- Enter your payment details into the fields provided
- Card number, Expiry date, and CVV
- Street Address, App/Suite/etc
- City, State, and Zipcode
- Click Next: Review to proceed.
Note: There isn't currently a way to update your credit card for an organization in Figma. Reach out to the Figma support team for help updating your credit card details.
You'll have an opportunity to review everything that will be included in your organization.
- At the top of the page, view a summary of your organization:
- Company name
- Company display name
- View an explanation of the quarterly true-up process. You'll see the date of your next quarterly true-up.
- View your order details:
- The date of your next Annual renewal
- Total Editors: Use the icon to add extra Editor seats to your organization.
- Sales tax (if applicable)
- Total due today
- Review the Master Service Agreement and Renewal & Cancellation Terms. Click I agree to accept and activate the purchase button.
- Click Complete purchase to start the migration process.
Figma will run the migration immediately. From this page, you can review your order details or click the Go to Figma button to get started with your Figma Organization.
Welcome to the future of collaboration! Learn more in our Welcome to your Organization article →