Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on the Figma Organization plan.
Only Organization Admins can manage an Organization's billing, members, and true-ups.
Organization plans are designed for companies sharing resources across multiple teams. Organization plans are billed as a whole, instead of a team-by-team basis. This makes sure members working across multiple teams are only accounted for once in the organization's billing.
There are two parts to an Organization plan subscription: the annual subscription and quarterly true-ups.
You must have an annual subscription on the Organization plan.
- Admins define how many Figma and FigJam editor seats they want to buy when they purchase the Organization plan. Upgrade to Figma Organization →
- Figma will send reminders at 14 days and 5 days before the annual subscription is due to renew. This gives organization admins time to adjust the amount of editors they want to include in their annual subscription.
To account for any new or upgraded editors, Figma performs a true-up every three months in addition to the annual subscription .
- Four weeks before the true-up, Figma will send an email reminder to the organization's billing contacts. This shows the number of editor roles added since the last billing date. Figma will send further reminders at two weeks, then three days before the true-up is due.
- Organization admins can manage new editors and decide if they need an editor role. If not, they can downgrade them to a viewer-restricted role to remove them from the organization's billing. Organization admins can review and confirm to lock the upcoming invoice.
- If the organization has more seats than the previous billing date, Figma will charge them for any extra editor seats. This is a prorated amount, which covers that seat for the rest of the billing period.
- If you pay for your organization via invoice, you'll have 30 days to pay the invoice. If you signed up for the Organization plan in Figma, Figma will charge your credit card on your true-up date.
Note: All invoices, references to totals and balances in the product, and any related documentation will always be in $USD.
At the moment, Figma only collects sales tax in Russia, and selected states in the United States. Learn more about taxes in Figma →
There are two ways to pay for an Organization subscription. Your upgrade process will determine which options are available.
Manual payment (via credit card or ACH)
You'll pay via invoice if you signed up via the Figma Sales team or dedicated Account Manager.
When your annual subscription or true-up is due, Figma sends an invoice to the billing contact for the organization. and any true-ups.
Admins have 30 days to pay for the invoice by credit card or direct payment (ACH). It's only possible to make one payment per invoice, so you need to pay the invoice in full.
If you want to pay by ACH and need to verify bank information, pleach reach out to email@example.com.
Automatic payment (via credit card)
Automatic payment is only available when you upgrade to the Organization plan in Figma. If you signed up with help from the Figma team, you can only pay via invoice.
Figma stores the organization's credit card and charges the total due for an annual subscription or true-up on the due date.
If your organization has more than 10 paid editor seats, you are eligible to switch to manual payment via invoice.
To update the credit card on file, or discuss manual payment, contact your Account Manager or the Admin Support team.
Only organization admins can view and manage the organization's subscription and invoices. They can access these in the Billing tab of the organization's admin settings.
- Open Figma in the file browser.
- Select Admin Settings in the sidebar.
- Select Billing at the top of the page.
From here they can view details of the annual subscription, view and export previous invoices, and see the expected balance of any upcoming true-ups.
Current billing period
- Next invoice issue date: the date when your next quarterly true-up will be created.
- Projected total: the expected total of your next invoice based on the combined number of Design editor seats and FigJam editor seats.
- Click See cost breakdown to view the breakdown between Figma design and FigJam
- New design editor seats: the total number of members and guests in the organization that can gain edit access to Figma design files.
- New FigJam editor seats: the total number of members and guests in the organization that can gain edit access to FigJam files.
Note: As FigJam is currently in beta, you won't incur any charges for your FigJam editor seats. You can see what your subscription would cost with FigJam editors included in the cost breakdown.
- Organization plan annual renewal: the date your annual subscription is set to renew. Figma will send reminders at 14 days and 5 days before the annual subscription is due to renew.
- Total editor seats today: the combined number of editors seats included in your subscription with individual totals for Design and FigJam seats.
- Billing contacts: a list of the email addresses that Figma will send billing notifications and reminders to. Click Change contacts to add or update billing contacts.
View a list of invoices relating to the organization's annual subscription, as well as any quarterly true-ups.
- Date: the date the invoice was created, which is also the date the billing period started.
- Description: where the invoice is a Quarterly true-up or an Annual renewal.
- Design editor seats: Total Figma design editor seats included in the invoice.
- FigJam editor seats: Total FigJam editor seats included in the invoice.
- Invoice total: the total value of the invoice in $USD. This includes both Design and FigJam editor seats, but as FigJam is in beta for 2021 you won't incur any charges for your FigJam editor seats.
- Status: the status of the invoice, whether unpaid, overdue, or paid. Click View invoice for paid invoices or Pay invoice for active or outstanding invoices.
FigJam is free for all of 2021! As FigJam is currently in beta, you won't incur any charges for your FigJam editor seats. You can see what your subscription would cost with FigJam editors seats included in the Invoice total column.