Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Supported on all team and organization plans
Anyone with can edit access to a FigJam file can edit the file via Microsoft Teams
Anyone with can view or can edit access to a Figma design file can view and comment via Teams
Anyone with can edit access to a file can see link previews of the file in Teams
Microsoft Teams is a communication app for teams and organizations to connect, collaborate, and stay informed in one place. Use Teams to send messages, hold video conferences, and share important files and information. Learn more about Microsoft Teams →
With the Figma app for Microsoft Teams, you can:
- Present and collaborate in Figma design files, prototypes, and FigJam files with meeting attendees
- Add Figma files as tabs to any Teams channel and interact with them
- View a single feed of file comments, updates, and invites
- Share file links in chat that unfurl the file name and file preview
Use tabs to embed files
Tabs in Microsoft Teams allow you to embed important files, apps, or services in Teams meetings or channels. Learn more about tabs →
You can use tabs to embed Figma design files, prototypes, and FigJam files, and interact with them, without leaving Microsoft Teams.
- From Microsoft Teams, you can access all the functionality of FigJam files. For those with edit access, you can explore, add to, and edit FigJam files as you normally would.
- Figma design files and prototypes are view and comment-only, even for people who have edit access to the file. You can click Open in Figma to open the file and edit from the web or desktop app.
- To allow others to see or interact with the file, you may need to adjust the file's sharing and permissions. FigJam files also have the option to start an open session to temporarily invite anyone to edit the FigJam file, including those without Figma accounts.
Add a tab
- Start from one of the following places:
- From a meeting: Click + Add app from the meeting controls
- From a channel: Click + next to the tabs at the top of the channel
- Find and select the Figma app.
- From the modal, select Create FigJam file ↓ or Share existing file ↓ .
Note: The + Add App option is available only in meetings that are scheduled. Unscheduled meetings created from a chat or channel will not have this capability.
Create a FigJam file
Select this option to create a new FigJam file so teammates can brainstorm and collaborate together, even if you don't have a Figma account.
From the pop-up modal, give the FigJam file a name and click Save. A dedicated tab for the file is added to the channel or meeting.
- If your Figma account is already connected to tabs in Microsoft Teams, this new file can be found in your personal drafts folder in Figma.
- If a Figma account is not connected, you have 24 hours for someone to claim the file by clicking Save board in the FigJam file. If no one saves the board within 24 hours, the file is be permanently deleted.
Share an existing file
Select this option to share an existing Figma design file, FigJam file, or prototype.
If you haven’t yet connected your Figma account for app tabs in Teams, you will be prompted to log in to your Figma account.
From the pop-up modal, paste the link to the desired Figma design or FigJam file into the text box. If you’re creating a channel tab, use the checkbox to choose whether to post to the channel about the new tab.
Click Save and a dedicated tab for the file is added to the channel or meeting.
Note: Connecting your Figma account for tabs does not connect your account to receive Figma notifications. You will need to link your Figma account separately if you wish to receive Figma notifications ↓.
Present file in meetings
On Microsoft Team's desktop app, share your Figma file from the tab when you're ready to present it to meeting attendees:
- Select the tab for the file you want to share.
- Click Share to stage when you’re ready to present.
Share links to chats and channels
Drop links to Figma design and FigJam files in Teams chats and channels to reference designs, research, and other resources.
The link will expand to show a preview, with the file name and thumbnail displayed below your message.
- Copy link to Figma design or FigJam file. Learn how to copy links to a file →
- Paste link into a meeting or channel chat and send the message.
Link previews will be seen by anyone whose Figma account has access to the file and is connected to receiving Figma notifications ↓.
Get notifications for updates to your Figma design and FigJam files in a single feed from the Figma app’s chat.
- Get notified when someone comments and mentions you in files you follow
- Get notified when someone invites you to a file
- Reply to comments
- Accept or decline invites to files, projects, and teams
- (Organizations only) Get updates on branches and merges →
To receive Figma notifications in Microsoft Teams:
- Click in the left sidebar.
- Find and select the Figma app.
- From the app’s chat box, type
Connectand send the message. Follow the prompts to connect your Figma account.
- Once connected, type
Oninto the chat box and send the message to enable notifications.
You’ll begin receiving any new comments, mentions, and invitations in this chat.
To manage Figma notifications in Microsoft Teams, type and send the following
commands into the app’s chat:
Onto start receiving notifications on updates from your Figma account
Offto stop receiving further Figma notifications
Connectto connect your Figma account to the Figma notifications feature
Disconnectto disconnect your Figma account from the Figma notifications feature. This only prevents you from receiving further notifications via the chat. This won’t affect any files you’ve added to tabs.
Note: Using @mentions when replying to a comment from Microsoft Teams is currently not supported.