Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan. Publish styles and components in Professional, Education, or Organization teams. Publish styles only in free Starter teams.
Only team admins can manage default libraries for that team.
Team admins can choose which libraries are available in team files. This allows you to quickly share styles and components across team files. This applies to both Figma design and FigJam files.
Note: You need to publish styles and components to your library, before you can enable them as a default library.
Manage team libraries
Manage team libraries in the team's Settings. Make libraries available in Design files, FigJam files, or All files.
- Click on the team name in the sidebar to access the team workspace.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- In the Team libraries section, click the Enable libraries option.
- View a list of available libraries in the library modal. Every library corresponds to a file with published styles and components.
- Click the library name to view the styles and components in that library.
- Click Off next to the library to adjust.
- Choose which files to make the library available in:
- Design files
- FigJam files
- All files
- To remove a library from your files, click next to the current setting and select Off.
Access team libraries
When you make a library available in a design file, you can:
- Find and apply styles using the style pickers in the right sidebar. Apply styles to layers in Figma design →
- Drag components into the canvas from the Assets panel in the left sidebar. Click to select variants of a component. Add components to your designs →
Access components, along with stickers curated by Figma, from the library tool. Use stickers and components from libraries →