Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any paid plan.
Only team admins can manage default libraries for that team.
Team admins can choose which libraries are available in team files. This allows you to quickly share styles, components and variables across team files. This applies to both Figma design and FigJam files.
Note: You need to publish styles, components and variables to your library before you can enable them as a default library.
Manage team libraries
Manage team libraries in the team's Settings. Make libraries available in Design files, FigJam files, or All files.
- Click the team name in the sidebar.
- Click the dropdown menu next to the team name and select View settings.
- Under Libraries or Shared, click the Enable libraries option.
- View a list of available libraries in the library modal. Every library corresponds to a file with published styles, components and variables.
- Click the library name to view assets in that library.
- Click Off next to the library to adjust.
- Choose which files to make the library available in:
- Design files
- FigJam files
- All files
- To remove a library from your files, click next to the current setting and select Off.
For example, you might have a variable collection that contains spacing values for different screen sizes. The variable collection might have three modes: desktop, tablet, and mobile.
If your workspace is dedicated to mobile apps, you could set the default mode to mobile. When someone creates a new file in the workspace, the page level default mode is set to mobile and applies to all variables used on the page. People can always switch to another mode if they need to.
Access team libraries
When you make a library available in a design file, you can:
- Find and apply styles using the style pickers in the right sidebar. Apply styles to layers in Figma design →
- Drag components into the canvas from the Assets panel in the left sidebar. Click to select variants of a component. Add components to your designs →
- Review any variables published in the library whether they are included as a style or are mapped to a property in a component. Apply variables to designs →
Access components, along with stickers curated by Figma, from the library tool. Use stickers and components from libraries →