With a paid plan, you get more of what you already love about Figma: extra design and collaboration features, as well as more advanced administration and security capabilities to help you grow Figma with your organization.
Upgrade your plan
At the time you upgrade, you can choose how many Figma and FigJam seats you’d like to buy. You can add or remove paid seats at any point during your subscription term.
Note: Anyone with
can edit access or an existing admin or owner of the team can upgrade the team.
- From the file browser, click on the name of the team you’d like to upgrade.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Click Upgrade your plan.
- Select Upgrade to Professional.
- Confirm the number of paid editor seats for both Figma design and FigJam.
- If applicable, confirm your billing currency.
- Select Annual or Monthly billing.
- Enter your payment details in the fields provided. You'll need:
- Your 16 digit Credit Card Number, Expiry Date, and CSV.
- Your Postal Address. This should match the address that your credit card is registered under.
- Click Next: Review to view a summary of your plan details.
- Click Accept Terms and Upgrade. Figma will charge your credit card and update your account immediately.
Note: We only support payment by credit card on the Professional plan. Payment via Paypal, ACH or wire transfer isn’t currently available.
Take a look at the table below to see which approach we recommend for your company.
|Upgrade yourself||Upgrade with Figma sales team|
Number of paid users
Less than 10
More than 10
Supported payment methods
|Credit card||ACH or wire transfer|
Migrate teams you are an admin of into a Figma organization
Migrate all teams registered with your company domain into a Figma organization using domain capture
Depending on which approach is right for you, you can get in touch with our sales team or follow the instructions below to upgrade on your own.
Upgrade on your own
Before you begin:
- Only team admins or owners can upgrade a Professional team. Any editor can upgrade a Starter team.
- You’ll need a Figma account with a work email address to upgrade to the Organization plan. For example:
- During the upgrade, you can migrate any teams you’re an admin of into the new Figma organization. If you’re an admin of a team that isn’t listed as an option to migrate, double check whether your account in that team is an admin and uses the same work email address.
- If any teams included in the upgrade are subscribed to the Professional plan, Figma will automatically refund the remainder of the subscription(s). This applies to both monthly or annual subscriptions. The pro-rated amount will be refunded as a separate payment to the credit card registered to the Professional team. This can take around 5 to 10 days to show up on your bank statement.
- If you migrate teams with people that have email addresses from other companies, their accounts will automatically get converted into guests in your new Figma organization. These guests will keep the same level of permissions in the files, projects, and teams they have access to.
- When you upgrade, Figma will move your existing teams into a new Figma organization. During this time, you won't be able to access your existing teams. This process usually takes a couple of minutes, but can take longer for teams with hundreds of members or lots of resources. We recommend you set aside an hour for this task and choose a time which will cause minimal disruption to your team(s).
- You will be able to create new teams or upgrade other teams once your Organization plan subscription is active.
Upgrade to the Organization plan
- In the file browser, click on one of the teams you'd like to upgrade.
- Go to the Billing tab.
- Under Plan summary, click the Upgrade plan to Organization link.
- Click Choose Organization from the plan options.
- Select which teams you want to include in your new Figma organization. You can click on each team to review the editors and viewers in that team.
- Review the full list of organization members in the right sidebar. People with email domains that don’t match yours will be tagged as guests.
- Confirm the domain, number of paid editor seats, and subtotal and click Next: Organization details.
- Enter additional details about your organization and click Next: Payment.
- Review the details of your subscription and click Complete Purchase.