Organizations often have internal tools and systems, with private information or data, that can't be shared outside the organization.
Private widgets allow members of the organization to use organization-specific widgets, without having to share them with the rest of the Community.
- Any member of an organization can make and share a private widget.
- Only team admins can publish widgets to the team's Community profile.
- Only organization admins can share publish widgets to the organization's Community profile.
Publish private widgets
When publishing a widget, you can use the Publish to setting to choose whether to publish the widget to the organization or the Community. Private widgets don't need to go through the review process before they are available to use.
- Open the file browser in the Figma desktop app.
- Click Explore Community at the bottom left of the screen.
- Click Publish in the toolbar and navigate to the Widgets tab.
- Select the widget you'd like to publish and click Next.
- Complete any details including the name, icon, cover art, and description.
Organization nameto share the widget privately within the organization.
- Click Publish to submit your widget. The widget is now available to members of your organization. Guests aren't able to access install or run private widgets.
Only the widget’s original publisher can change its access. They can update this setting by publishing an update to the widget.
Update the Publish to setting to change who can access the widget. If you're changing a widget from private to public, it will need to go through Figma's widget review process.
If the original publisher has left the organization and you need to transfer ownership of a private widget, contact the Figma Support team.
View private widgets
To find and install widgets that are private to your organization:
- From the file browser, click All teams or All workspaces.
- Select the Widgets tab at the top of the page.
- Browse through any widgets that are private to your organization.
- Select a widget and click the ↓ Try it out button to add the widget to your account.