Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users in Professional or Figma Organization plans
Team Owners, Admins or File Owners can adjust a File's Permissions
You can create Files within Projects in a Team. Or, work on Personal Files in your Drafts.
Generally, any Files created within a Team will be accessible to all Team members. Team members will be able to interact with any Files based on their team permissions.
You can adjust a collaborator's access to a File in your Drafts. If you are in a team, you can adjust a collaborator's permissions on each File.
Note: When you upgrade someone to an Editor on a File, we will also include them as an Editor in your billing. We won't make any changes to their Team Permissions.
Adjust File Permissions
Adjust a Team Member's Permission on a File via the File Sharing modal. You can access the file sharing modal from a couple of places:
- Project Page: Right-click on the File and select Share.
- Editor: Click the Share button in the menu bar.
- Open the File Sharing modal (see above)
- Click the arrow next to the member's current access.
- Select Can View to make them a Viewer
- Select Can Edit to make them an Editor
- Click the ✕ to close the Sharing modal and return to the File.
Tip! In Education, Professional and Organization Teams, you can Prevent Viewers from Copying or Sharing Files.