- Supported on any team or plan.
- Supported on iPads running iOS 14.5 or newer.
View and edit FigJam files on an iPad with the Figma mobile app. With FigJam for iPad, bring your board anywhere you go to:
- Draw low-fidelity designs
- Jot down handwritten notes and ideas
- Sketch flows and diagrams
- Annotate designs, diagrams, and images
- Add a second screen to your workflow
You’re not currently able to join audio calls, enter observation mode, or comment in FigJam files using the mobile app.
Download the Figma app
Editing FigJam files in the Figma mobile app is supported on iPads running at least iOS 14.5.
Editing FigJam files is currently only possible on an iPad. You can still view files and prototypes on a mobile device using the Figma app on an iPhone or Android device.
Browse and create files
There are a couple ways to find an existing FigJam file:
- Browse the Recents tab to view files you most recently opened
- Click See all for a section to browse all your files or prototypes
- Use the Search tab to find a specific file for prototype by name
Tap on a file to open and edit it.
To create a new FigJam file on an iPad:
- Open the Figma mobile app.
- Tap New FigJam file in the upper right corner.
Navigate your board on an iPad
When you first open a FigJam file in the mobile app, the hand tool is selected by default. This lets you pan and move around your board by dragging one finger. When using the select tool, use two fingers to move around your board.
Zoom in and out
To zoom in and out, pinch your screen using two fingers.
Select, group, and lock objects
Use the selection tool to select objects on your board:
- Tap in the toolbar.
- Tap an object to select it or tap and drag over multiple objects to select them.
- When selecting single objects with text, tap once more to enter edit mode.
Once selected, an object’s toolbar is displayed.
To group two or more items:
- Select the objects you want to group.
- Tap in the toolbar. You can also tap > Group selection.
To ungroup objects in a group, tap in the toolbar or > Ungroup.
Lock and unlock
Any objects placed on your FigJam board, including grouped objects, can be locked. Lock objects to prevent them from being moved or edited.
- Select one or more objects.
- Tap > Lock/Unlock.
To unlock an object or grouping, tap .
Undo and redo
Tap to undo, or to redo an action.
You can also use gestures on the screen:
Three-finger swipe left
Three-finger swipe right
Draw and highlight
Use the marker and highlight tools to doodle on your board and bring attention to text and other objects.
To draw your next masterpiece:
- Tap the drawing tools in the toolbar and select the marker or highlighter tool.
- Pick a color, and thin or thick stroke weight. You can always change this after you create your doodle.
- Tap and drag on the board to doodle. You can use your finger or an Apple Pencil.
Use shapes, stickies, and text
Shapes and stickies
There are two ways to add shapes and stickies to your board:
- Tap and drag a shape or sticky to your board.
- Tap the shape or sticky in your toolbar and tap the area of your board where you want to place it.
Once on the board, the shape or sticky will be in edit mode with the keyboard active ready for you to type.
- Tap in the bottom toolbar.
- Tap the area on the board where you want your text.
- Start typing.
- Select the text object.
- Tap and hold the text.
- Tap Copy.
It’s not currently possible to copy text in a shape or sticky note, only text in a text object.
- Copy text from your board or another app.
- Tap and hold a sticky, shape, or text object in edit mode. An object is in edit mode when the keyboard is activated.
- Tap Paste.
You can also create a new text object by pasting the text in a free space on your board.
Add images to your board from your iPad’s camera roll, files, or by taking a photo.
- Tap in the toolbar.
- Tap .
- Select the source of your image.
FigJam’s collaborative tools are its heart and soul, and they’re available on iPad.
To add your stamp of approval to a teammate’s great idea:
- Tap in the toolbar.
- Select a stamp.
- Tap the object or area of the screen you want to stamp.
To disable the stamp tool, tap again.
To show your excitement in real time:
- Tap in the toolbar.
- Tap in the wheel.
- Select an emotion.
- Tap and drag across the board.
High five your team without getting your hands dirty.
- With your iPad mounted on a Magic Keyboard, shake your cursor using the trackpad.
- Once your cursor turns into hand, move it close to another cursor.
- High five away.
High fives are only supported when using a Magic Keyboard.
Cursor chat allows you to type live, temporary messages to others in your FigJam file.
With your iPad mounted on a Magic Keyboard, press
/ or tap in the emote wheel to activate cursor chat. Once you've entered cursor chat mode, an empty speech bubble appears next to your cursor.
Your chat bubble is anchored to your cursor and follows you around the board. You can pan around and pinch-to-zoom the board without exiting cursor chat.
Cursor chat is only supported when using a Magic Keyboard.
Comment in a FigJam file by long-pressing any area of the board, then selecting Add a comment from the menu.
Tap next to a comment to share it, mark it as unread, or add a reaction to it. You can also delete and edit comments you made.
Tap to resolve a comment you added.
To hide comments from your board, tap in the upper right corner and select Turn off commenting.
Long-press a comment's text to add a reaction.
Follow and spotlight
Follow another collaborator in a file, or use spotlight to allow everyone in a file to follow you simultaneously.
Follow someone in a file
To follow someone in a file, tap their avatar in the toolbar. Figma will show a border around your board, in the color of the person's avatar. You will see a confirmation at the top of the screen that you are following them.
To stop following, you can interact with your screen in the following ways:
- Pan around or zoom in or out
- Tap an object on the board
- Select a tool from the toolbar
- Place a new object on the board
To spotlight yourself in a FigJam file from your iPad:
- Tap your avatar in the toolbar.
- Click Spotlight.
To stop spotlighting yourself, tap Stop at the top-center of your canvas or board.
When a collaborator asks everyone in the file to follow them using spotlight, you can ignore their request and follow them at a later time while they’re in spotlight. Otherwise, you’ll be placed in follow mode and be shown the view of the person in the spotlight. The avatar for the person in the spotlight will have a dashed border.
Set a timer
Track time and manage working sessions with the timer in FigJam, whether you're working solo or in a group setting.
To add time to the clock:
- Type to enter the minutes and seconds
- With your iPad mounted on a Magic Keyboard, press ↑ / ↓ arrows to adjust the time by a minute, or ⇧ Shift↑ / ↓ to adjust the time by 5 minute intervals. You can also adjust the seconds field by 1 or 5 seconds using these shortcuts.
Once you're ready, press Return / Enter or click to start the countdown.