Who can use this feature
Supported for teams on the Starter, Education, and Professional plans.
Any team member can access the team page.
Teams give you access to a dedicated environment where you can create files and projects. Use teams to collaborate with others, or to structure and organize your own work. You can create or join multiple teams from a single Figma account.
In an organization? Teams look a little different in an organization. Learn more about teams in an organization →
Create and join multiple teams within your Figma account. You'll need to select a team type as part of the creation process.
There are three different types of team plans available. The best plan for you will depend on your context, and what features or functionality you need. Compare teams and plans →
- Starter plan (Free)
- Education plan (Free)
- Professional plan (Paid)
Tip! You can have a combination of free and paid teams in your Figma account. Figma manages the subscription for each team separately.
- Open the file browser.
- Click the Create new team button in the left sidebar, or visit this link: https://www.figma.com/files/create-team
- Give your team a name and click Create team.
- Figma will give you the option to invite collaborators to your team. Enter your team member's email addresses, separated by a comma, to invite them to your team.
- Click Skip for now if you want to invite collaborators later.
- Click Continue to move to the next step.
- Select a plan for your team. Choose from: Starter, Professional, or Education.
The only way to join a team is to have someone invite you to the team. You'll need to have a Figma account to accept an invitation and join the team. Create a Figma account →
There are a few ways to accept an invitation.
- From the invitation email: Click the Accept button to open Figma and accept the invitation.
- From inside Figma: Click the to view any open invitations. Click Accept to join the team.
Explore your team
You'll need to register and verify your email address when you create an account with Figma. You can then find any teams you join using this email address in the file browser of your account.
Figma will list all teams you are a member of in the left sidebar. Click on a team name to view the team in the file browser.
Files and projects
In the main body of the team page, you can browse the files and projects in that team. Figma will show you a preview of any recently edited files and projects.
- Click on the project name to view all files in the project page
- View a description of the project.
- Add and remove projects from your favorites.
- See the number of files within the project.
- Click on a file preview to open that file.
Members and team information
On the right side of the team page, click Members to view information about your team:
- View the team name and icon.
- See a description of the team.
- View a list of members in your team. Figma will show the most active members first.
The Members tab gives you a list of everyone who has a role in this team. Figma will show you their name, avatar, and email address.
You can control how collaborators interact with your team with permissions. There are two main permission levels in a team: Can view and Can edit. Roles and permissions in teams →
Any member can invite other members to the team.
- Anyone with Can edit access can invite others with
- Anyone with Can view access can only invite others with
Team admins can manage aspects of the team, including team members and permissions. Manage team members and permissions →
Tip: You can also invite people to individual files or projects within your team. This is great if you want to work with an external collaborator on a specific file or project.