Account deletion checklist
Before you delete your Figma account there are a few things you must do:
Cancel your subscriptions
Your subscriptions are not automatically canceled when you delete your account. If you are on a paid Professional plan, you must cancel your subscription before you can delete your account.
We also recommend that you download your Figma invoices to retain a copy for accounting purposes as these won’t be accessible after deleting your account.
Export your designs
Figma uses proprietary file formats (.fig and .jam), which can only be opened in Figma or FigJam. If you think you’ll use Figma again in the future, you can save copies of your files in these formats. If you’re planning to move content to another tool, you can export it in a variety of file formats:
If you are the owner of any teams, projects, or files within teams or projects, we recommend that you transfer ownership before deleting your account.
If you delete your account before transferring ownership, the following occurs:
- Teams you own: The team becomes ownerless. The projects and files inside ownerless teams are still accessible by editors and viewers in the team. Organization and workspace admins can claim ownership of ownerless teams.
- Projects you own: The project becomes ownerless. The project and files in it are still accessible by editors and viewers. Team owners and admins can claim ownership of ownerless projects.
- Files you own in teams or projects: The file becomes ownerless. Ownerless files cannot be claimed but are still accessible by editors and viewers. If the file only has can view access set, team owners and admins can join the file as an editor and grant can edit access to other users.
- Files in your drafts:
- Starter, Education, or Professional: Files in your drafts are permanently deleted. This process cannot be reversed. To prevent this, move the file and transfer ownership to another user.
- Organization or Enterprise: Files in your drafts are moved to Shared projects.
If you want to permanently delete any files outside of your drafts, you can manually delete these files before deleting your account.
Delete your account
You can delete your account from your account settings.
- From the file browser, click your name at the top-left of the screen to open the account menu.
- Select Settings.
- From the Account tab, scroll down to the Account section at the bottom of the page.
- Click Delete account to start the process.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to delete your account.
Payments for Figma subscriptions with Figma Design and/or FigJam seats are non-refundable unless you live in the E.U. or Turkey, in which case you are eligible for a refund only if you cancel your subscription within 14 days of purchase. Terms of Service →
To request a refund, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your country of residence.
With that said, if for any reason you’re unhappy with Figma, please let us know. Contact us via the inside the app, or email email@example.com, give us a detailed account of what happened, and we’ll work with you to make sure you have the best experience possible.