Text is one of the crucial components of interface design. It can help determine the legibility and appeal of your design.
Your decisions around text can impact how successfully you convey your message. Everything from the placement and arrangement of text, to the choice of font, has a part to play.
Note: Browsers and operating systems often render text differently, making designing across systems and platforms unpredictable. Figma uses its own custom text rendering to ensures your designs look consistent, regardless of your browser or operating system.
- Create type layers with the Text tool
- Explore text properties
- Add links to text
- Create text and links in FigJam
- Access your local fonts with the Font Helper
- Add icons to text layers with icon fonts
- Add text in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
- Add right-to-left text
- Create and apply text styles
- Create a bulleted list
- Add emoji to text layers
- Use variable fonts
- Use OpenType features