Before you start
Who can use this feature
Available on the Organization and Enterprise plan.
Who can manage teams in an organization?
Organization admins have the highest level of access in an organization. From the Teams tab in Admin settings, they can:
- Join any open or closed team as a team admin.
- Update a team without joining it first, including the team’s:
- Access settings
- Members and their permissions on the team
- See the name of any secret teams in the organization.
- Join any secret team without an owner.
Note: Organization admins can’t edit view-only projects or access invite-only projects. They can’t manage secret teams unless they are invited to the team as a team admin.
Workspace admins (Enterprise plan only)
Workspace admins and organization admins have the same abilities when managing teams. While organization admins can manage teams across the entire organization, workspace admins can only manage teams in workspaces where they are an admin.
A team admin can manage all the settings of a single team, including people, resources, and access to the team within the organization. They can also delete the team.
Manage teams in an organization
Create or delete teams
Manage people in a team
- Invite members to a team
- Invite guests to a team
- View members of a team
- Change a person’s permissions on a team
- Remove someone from a team
- Change the owner of a team
Manage resources in a team
- Move files and projects to a different team
- Manage libraries in teams
- Upload custom fonts to a team
- Transfer ownership of projects and files in a team
Manage access to a team
- Change a team’s access settings
- Set default permissions to a team
- Assign teams to a workspace*
- Move teams between workspaces*
- Unassign a team from a workspace*
- Transfer a team to a different company
Manage team settings
*Only available on the Enterprise plan.