Who can manage teams in an organization?
Organization admins have the highest level of access in an organization. From the Teams tab in Admin, they can:
- Join any visible teams as a team admin. Visible teams include teams with the following audience access:
- Anyone at [Organization name]
- Only those invited, visible
- Update a team without joining it first, including the team’s:
- Access settings
- Members and their permissions on the team
- See the name of any hidden teams in the organization.
- Join any hidden team without an owner.
Note: Organization admins can’t edit view-only projects or access invite-only projects. They can’t manage hidden teams unless they are invited to the team as a team admin.
Workspace admins Enterprise
Workspace admins and organization admins have the same abilities when managing teams. While organization admins can manage teams across the entire organization, workspace admins can only manage teams in workspaces where they are an admin.
A team admin can manage all the settings of a single team, including people, resources, and access to the team within the organization. They can also delete the team.
Manage teams in an organization
Create or delete teams
Manage people in a team
- Invite members to a team
- Invite guests to a team
- View members of a team
- Change a person’s permissions on a team
- Remove someone from a team
- Change the owner of a team
Manage resources in a team
- Move files and projects to a different team
- Manage libraries in teams
- Upload custom fonts to a team
- Transfer ownership of projects and files in a team
Manage access to a team
- Change a team’s access settings
- Set default permissions to a team
- Assign teams to a workspace*
- Move teams between workspaces*
- Unassign a team from a workspace*
- Transfer a team to a different company
Manage team settings
*Only available on the Enterprise plan.
Tip: An organization admin can also download a list of every team in the organization.