Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on Figma Organization plans
Only Organization Admins have access to everything in the Admin Console
Figma Organization gives you greater control over shared resources, including plugins, fonts, and organization-wide libraries.
Organization Admins can manage every aspect of the Organization in the Admin Settings. Adjust members, view teams, monitor activity, manage billing, and access security settings.
- Open Figma in the file browser.
- Make sure you are in the Organization space. Use the Organization selector to switch between your Personal space, and any Organization spaces.
- Click Admin Settings under the Organization name in the sidebar.
- Use the tabs at the top to go to the Dashboard, Teams, Members, Activity, Billing, Resources, or Settings pages.
Watch the video below for an overview of the Admin Settings. Or, read on to find out more about each page in an Organization's Admin Settings.
The Dashboard lets Organization Admins see an overview of the Organization, including:
- Organization name and logo
- Total number of teams in the Organization
- Total number of members (including Admins and Guests) in the Organization
- Billing summary including any upcoming invoices and true-ups
- Summary of any new members in your Organization
Note: The alert lets Organization Admins know of an upcoming billing true-up.
Want to change the image for the Organization? Hover over the current image until the appears. Click to select another image from your computer.
You can create an unlimited number of teams in an Organization. Define how Organization members can find and join teams with Org access; choose from open, closed, or secret teams.
Organization Admins don't have access to every team in the Organization by default. You will need to be an Admin on a team to manage it.
On the Teams page, Organization Admins can:
- View a list of open and closed teams in the Organization. Admins can only see secret teams they are a member of.
- Claim ownership of any teams in the Organization that no longer have an owner. This allows Admins to assign new owners or redistribute files and projects.
Organization Admins can manage members and guests in the Organization from the Members tab.
- Search for members
- Filter members by role and account type
- Change a member's role or permissions in the Organization
- Grant members admin access
- View and manage new Editors for true-ups
- Remove members from the Organization
- Export a CSV of all member and guest data
Activity logs give Organization Admins a record of how members and guests are using and editing files and resources in the Organization.
Organization Admins can use activity to:
- See who is accessing, copying and sharing files in the Organization.
- Decide who should have edit access and be included in the Organization's billing.
- Track members creating, joining, leaving, and deleting teams.
- Track changes made to team, file, and project permissions.
- Monitor changes made to the Organization by other Admins.
- Identify and prevent misuse of Organization resources.
Admins can export a record of all activity for a specific date range. As well as filter activity by member or guest, event type, and team.
Figma bills Organizations on an annual subscription. Every quarter, Figma runs a true-up to allow Organizations to purchase extra Editor seats.
The Billing tab allows Organization Admins to:
- View past and upcoming invoices
- Adjust the billing contact for the Organization
- Manage quarterly true-ups
Organization Admins can manage Libraries, Fonts, and Plugins in the Resources page.
Libraries are Figma files that contain the Styles and Components for a brand, project, or company. They're Figma's version of a design system.
In an Organization, you can choose to share libraries in a specific team or across the entire Organization.
Choose default libraries
Admins can choose which libraries to make available to members in the Organization. Guests will only have access to libraries they have been invited to.
When you enable a library, you can:
- Access Components from the Assets panel of files in the Organization.
- Access Styles in the Style picker for any relevant properties.
Choose default libraries from the Resource page in the Organization's Admin Settings:
Select the Libraries tab.
Click to toggle a library on. Click to toggle a library off.
Figma will prompt you to share the file with the Organization. Select Change Privacy and enable to allow members to access the library.
Figma will make the library available in any Organization files.
Tip! Members of Organizations also get access to design system analytics. These analytics allow you to track how members of your Organization are using Components in files. Learn more about design system analytics →
Note: Use a file's link sharing settings to define how members of the Organization can find and interact with files. Use this approach to share non-library files with anyone in your Organization. Learn more about sharing links in an Organization →
Figma gives you access to an extensive catalog of Google Web Fonts. You can also use the Desktop app or the Figma Font Helper to access local fonts alongside Figma's default fonts.
Figma Organizations can upload and share custom fonts in the Organization. Share fonts in a specific team, or across the entire Organization.
- Organization Admins can upload fonts to the entire Organization.
- Team Admins can upload fonts to a specific team.
- No need to share, install or update fonts for individual users.
- Chromebook and Linux users can access custom fonts.
You can only upload fonts in .TTF and .OTF format. It's not possible to upload web fonts.
Plugins are third-party scripts or applications that extend the functionality of an application. Figma plugins run in the editor and let you to perform tasks within files.
In a Figma Organization, you have access to extra features that control how members use and share plugins.
- Create private plugins for internal use.
- Turn on the plugin approve list to control which public plugins members can use within the Organization space. Add and remove plugins from the approve list.
- Install or uninstall plugins for everyone in the Organization.
Control privacy and security of your Organization, including domains, authentication, and resource restrictions.
Adjust the Organization's profile in the Figma Community.
- Update the Organization's profile handle to choose another handle.
- Delete the Organization's profile to remove it from the Figma Community.
View existing domains in the Organization. Contact Support to add other domains. Learn more about domains and domain capture →
Login and provisioning
- View or update the Organization's authentication settings: Learn more about authentication in Figma →
- Set up SAML SSO with any of Figma's supported identity providers: Guide to SAML SSO →
- Provision users for Figma with SCIM: Learn more about using SCIM with Figma →
Turn off external link sharing in the Organization. This removes the Anyone with the link option in any Organization files.
Turn on the plugin approve list to choose which plugins members can use. Learn more about managing plugins in an Organization →
Tip! If you have SCIM set up, you can also select member metadata for your Organization. Click to choose which SCIM metadata shows on the Members tab. Choose from Cost center, Organization, division, and department.
- Click to submit a request to delete user data in the Organization.
- Click to submit a request to delete the entire Organization.